Welcome to the Typewriter Wiki
We are a small group of typewriter-enthusiasts that are trying to get some common information written down and preserved for all to see. Please note that this is NOT to replace the Typewriter Database or Wikipedia, but instead is an effort to expand on those great resources. This site was created by the Typewriter Discord server, so if you would like to help out, go there and ask in the #typewriterwiki channel. Here's an invite.
Want an account so you can make changes? Typewriter Discord server and ask in #typewriterwiki
Please note that the Typewriter Wiki is still under construction, so please mind our dust as we complete pages and add more content.
- How do I choose a typewriter? Which ones are good or valuable? Recommended Machines
- Have a question? Common Questions
- Don't know what that thingy is called? Typewriter Anatomy.
- A Repairman's Toolkit Common tools, solvents, chemicals, and their Uses
- Specialty Typewriter Tools Specialized Typewriter Tools
- I want a typewriter. What should I get? How To Buy a Typewriter
- I just got a typewriter. Where should I start? How to Use Your New (Or Old!) Typewriter
- I just got a typewriter, and it's dirtier than my basement! Typewriter Cleaning and Cleanliness
- How do I make =, +, $, £, etc. my typewriter doesn't have? Special Characters
- Typewriter Identification in Typewriter Classifications
An alphabetical list of some brands and models can be found in the article Category:Typewriter, though this is by no means incomplete. Historical and technical information can found in the pages it lists, each about a specific typewriter. This is by no means a comprehensive list, and is being updated periodically.
Use this page to search for machines based off branding, instead of just the massive list of typewriters thrown at your face. Category:Typewriter Brands
IMPORTANT Typewriter Wiki:General disclaimer IMPORTANT