Welcome to the Typewriter Wiki
We are a small group of typewriter-enthusiasts that are trying to get some common information written down and preserved for all to see. Please note that this is NOT to replace the Typewriter Database or Wikipedia, but instead is an effort to expand on those great resources. This site was created by the Typewriter Discord server, so if you would like to help out, go there and ask in the #typewriterwiki channel. Here's an invite.
Please note that the Typewriter Wiki is still quite new, so please mind our dust as we complete pages and add more content.
- How do I choose a typewriter? Which ones are good or valuable? Recommended Machines
- Have a question? Common Questions
- Don't know what that thingy is called? Typewriter Anatomy.
- A Repairman's Toolkit Common tools, solvents, chemicals, and their Uses
- Specialty Typewriter Tools Specialized Typewriter Tools
- I want a typewriter. What should I get? How To Buy a Typewriter
- I just got a typewriter. Where should I start? How to Use Your New (Or Old!) Typewriter
- I just got a typewriter, and it's dirtier than my basement! Typewriter Cleaning and Cleanliness
- How do I make =, +, $, £, etc. my typewriter doesn't have? Special Characters
- Identify your Typewriter in Typewriter Classifications
An alphabetical list of brands and models can be found in the article Category:Typewriter. Each entry in this list is a link to a page containing historical and technical information about that specific typewriter model.
This is by no means a comprehensive list, and is being updated periodically.
Use this page to search for machines based off branding, instead of just the massive list of typewriters thrown at your face.
Images of typewriters from the wiki:
IMPORTANT Typewriter Wiki:General disclaimer IMPORTANT